Antonio Abril Abadín
Member of the HEALTHSENS Advisory Board
ANTONIO ABRIL ABADÍN, born December 12, 1957 in Viveiro (Lugo).
ACADEMIC AND PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS
- BACHELOR’S DEGREE IN LAW from the University of Oviedo.
- Civil servant by competitive examinations of the STATE ATTORNEYS CORPS (Ministry of Economy and Finance since the 20th July 1984).
PUBLIC ADMINISTRATION EXPERIENCE
- From the 1st August 1984 to the 28th January 1986: STATE ATTORNEY in the Legal Department of the State at the Tax and Courts Administration of Lugo.
- From the 28th January 1986 to the 1st March 1989: STATE ATTORNEY in the Legal Department of the State at the regional Government Office of A Coruña, Galicia.
- Academic years 1990/91 to 1994/95: ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR OF ADMINISTRATIVE LAW at the Faculty of Law of the University of A Coruña.
- From the 15th March 1999 to the 4th August 2008: Member of the Social Council of the University of A Coruña.
- o President of the Spanish Universities’ Social Councils Conference.
- o President of the Social Council of the University of A Coruña.
- o Vicepresident of the Universidade da Coruña Foundation.
- o Member of the Board of Trustees and President of the Documents and Projects Commission of the CyD Foundation “Conocimiento y Desarrollo”, which represents the commitment of the Spanish companies with the third Universities’ mission.
- o President of the Universidad-Empresa Commission of the Spanish Chamber of Commerce.
CURRENT ACTIVITIES IN THE PRIVATE SECTOR
- SECRETARY-GENERAL AND OF THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS, AND REGULATIONS COMPLIANCE MANAGER of INDITEX S.A. and of several other companies that constitute the Inditex Group.
Member of the following institutions:
- Vice-president of the Leading Brands of Spain Forum (FMRE).
- Committee of Professional Standards of the Instituto de Consejeros y Administradores (IC-A). (Spanish subsidiary of The European Confederation of Directors Associations‐ecoDa).
- Board of Trustees of the Gadea por la Ciencia Foundation.
- Board of Trustees of the SERES (SOCIEDAD Y EMPRESA RESPONSABLE) Foundation.
- Advisory Council of the Fundación Biodiversidad.
- Executive Committee of the Chamber of Commerce of A Coruña.
- Executive Committee of the Spanish Chamber of Commerce.
- Governing Council of the Association for Managerial Progress in Galicia (APD).
- European Round Table of Industrialists (ERT).
- Executive Committee of the Financial Studies Foundation.